The Ravens squared off with the Texans in Ed Reed‘s return to Baltimore, and the Ravens returned the beating that was handed to them last year. The Ravens used a defensive touchdown and a special teams’ touchdown to take the lead and never look back. Quick hits from the game.
- Torrey Smith is a really good football player and is willing the run across the middle to catch a pass.
- Bernard Pierce did not look great, but he has a shot at redemption against the Bills in Week 4.
- Joe Flacco is earning his contract so far, no matter how bad you thought it was in the off-season. Flacco has one returning receiver from last year, and is making the most of the crop he has.
- I still do not like Tandon Doss, but his punt return TD was nice.
- Daryl Smith is an absolute stud. Luckily, no one knew about him because he used to be a Jaguar so the Ravens were able to get him late when the cap space opened up in June. Much better than Dannell Ellerbe and Ray Lewis last year.
- The defense is so much better than last year, and I couldn’t be happier about it.
- Ben Tate is better than Arian Foster right now. Check out the yards per carry numbers. End of Story.
- DeAndre Hopkins would have looked nice in purple.
- JJ Watt is not as effective as he was last year because of the constant attention, but he is still a dominant force. That is how good he was last year.
- Ed Reed might help the Texans’ secondary at some point, but he didn’t help against the Ravens
- Texans will be a Wild Card team, at best